Hi! You are VISITOR number

Hot Tip - MAKE or BREAK - The first 10 minutes.

     


As a relief teacher, the first 10 minutes will make or break your day. Think about it.... What do you want these kids, this class, this school to think about you? 

For me, I want them to know, "I take my job seriously, and I am going to VALUE ADD to these kids".
     
So have a 
  • snappy, 
  • highly structured, 
  • fast paced, 
  • easily achievable activity that will 
KNOCK their sox off!


     It should be an activity that all kids will feel success and at the same time feel challenged. This is the time when YOU control the activity and facilitate student learning.


What a way to stamp your authority as a relief teacher who CARES!


    Activities similar to - Number Race, Punctuation, Place Value are what I have used in the past but I am sure you have others you would be happy to share.