Hi! You are VISITOR number

What dinosaurs?

Walking with Dinosaurs


I have to say I LOVE the teaching opportunities that this series offers.

Kids LOVE it and it makes for a productive relief teaching activity where effective learning occurs AND the kids are totally engaged.

Did you read the last section? KIDS ARE TOTALLY ENGAGED - even the turkeys! Hoo-rah!
I am developing a NEW comprehensive Walking With Dinosaurs teaching kit complete with DVDs, teaching notes, worksheets and answers, Powerpoints etc. The LOT - on all FIVE episodes. Enough for days of relief teaching work on the SAME class.

I hope to have it ready later in June so keep an eye open for it.

Let’s face facts – KIDS DON’T LISTEN. They HEAR but they don’t LISTEN.

This was spelt out clearly to me when I first used Walking With Dinosaurs. I developed a worksheet, cued the kids into what was happening, started the movie and stopped it after the first three minutes.

Kids could NOT answer the most basic of recall questions.

They DIDN’T LISTEN!

So initially they were quite shocked at how much active engagement was required for this lesson.

The activity lasts at least an hour and a half either in a 90 minute slot of 3 x 30 minute segments. Honestly, the kids HATE when I have to split the activity. It works better as a 90 minute unit. Cool hey?

I have used the first episode on relief teaching gigs over and over again with different classes and the results as they same. LOVE IT.

 CLICK HERE to revisit this activity and if you get the chance to implement it, let me know how you go.




No comments: