Hi! You are VISITOR number

Relief Teaching & the Curriculum

Relief Teaching and the Curriculum

Honestly, how on earth can relief teachers know the curriculum for every year level?

Simple answer is you can't.

However it is vitally important that relief teachers have an GENERAL understanding of what each year should know. 

This way they can cover activities relevant to the skill level of each year level.
I know ACARA is putting together a great breakdown of these skills. I have to admit, in all the years I have been teaching, this is the most comprehensive picture of the curriculum I have ever seen.


They are supremely comprehensive and if I was a full time classroom teacher I would have this website permanently set up on my desktop.

But relief teachers need a summary sheet so you know generally what kids should be able to do so when you  are pitting together your relief teaching gigs, you can develop purposeful lessons and activities.

CHECK THIS OUT and let me know if you would find something like this useful for the year levels you teach.




No comments: