Hi! You are VISITOR number

Teaching is just like Golf...

Ahh! Golf. Just when you think you have it mastered, you slice one into the rough. Teaching can be JUST like that.

I was teaching a class recently and I thought the lesson was going well. Kids seemed to be on task and most seemed to be getting it. All of a sudden, one of the kids in the class ran from the room crying because something hadn't gone her way and she didn't want me to find out.

Ok - time to look at ME using helicopter view.

Obviously, I was racing ahead far too fast and looking for kids who could rather than kids who couldn't.

Obviously, I hadn't made it encouraging enough for kids to ask for help.

Obviously the classroom environment wasn't warm enough for someone to put up their hand and say, "I don't get it."

I had to accept the responsibility that this happened because of my actions.

No matter how good a teacher you think you are, you are NEVER too good that you shouldn't view your actions through the eyes of others.